Ok, these are pretty basic and most people know them already.
But I’ll write them anyway, because I tend to forget everything I don’t use often. So I’ll use this as a notebook available from everywere to anyone…
- link:url Shows other pages with links to that url.
- related:url Same as “what’s related” on serps.
- site:domain Restricts search results to the given domain.
- allinurl: Shows pages with all terms in the url.
- inurl: Like allinurl, but only for the next query word.
- allintitle: Shows only results with terms in title.
- intitle: Similar to allintitle, but only for the next word. “intitle:seoforgoogle google” finds only pages with seoforgoogle in the title, and google anywhere on the page.
- cache:url Shows the Google version of the passed url.
- info:url Shows a page containing links to related searches, backlinks, and pages containing the url. This is the same as typing the url into the search box.
- spell: Will spell check your query and search for it.
- stocks: Will lookup the search query in a stock index.
- filetype: Restricts searches to that filetype. “-filetype:pdf” to remove Adobe PDF files.
- maps: If you enter a street address, a link to Yahoo Maps and to MapBlast will be presented.
- phone: Enter anything that looks like a phone number to have a name and address displayed. Same is true for something that looks like an address (include a name and zip code)
- site:www.somesite.net “+www.somesite.+net” – Shows you how many pages of given site are indexed by google
- allintext: Searches only within text of pages, but not in the links or page title
allinlinks: Searches only within links, not text or title
These “instructions” are commonly used for SEO.
Hope it helps,